The Gogte College Library is one of the oldest library and works as an important central support system for the entire college. It caters to the information needs of Commerce stream and serves as knowledge center for Senior, Post Graduate as well as Research students in the College.
The College library is well equipped with a large number of text books, reference books, periodicals, journals and newspapers. The library is fully automated /computerized. With the advancement of technology, new forms of books/journals such as e-books, e-journals, databases are also part of the library collection. Library aims at overall personality development of the students. Therefore along with the syllabus related books library has a very good collection of recreational literature in English, Kannada, Marathi and Hindi. Also library has books for the preparation of competitive exam.
• Acquire and also conserve knowledge of the posterity.
• Provide opportunities to all users to develop healthy interest in field of Science, Arts and Humanities.
• Provide necessary information resources to promote teaching and learning.
• Provide access to information to all types of users to pursue reading habits.
|2||Mrs. Sheetal S Godse||Asst Librarian||M.L.I.Sc, M.Phil|
|3||Mrs. Rajappa Gadad||Asst Librarian||B.Lib|
|4||Mrs. Smita Kulkarni||Asst Librarian||M.L.I.Sc|
|5||Mr. Jitendra Joshi||Asst Librarian||B.Com , LLB, B.Lib|
• Total No. of Volumes : 73418
• Total No. of Titles : 22876
• Journals / Magazines : 79 Newspapers: 19
• E-Resources : UGC N-List
• Method of Classification followed: DDC 21st Ed.
• Book Collection: General, Reference, Text and Rare Books
• Finance Sources: UGC and Management Grants
• Total Area of the Library : 1750 sq.mtrs
• Total Seating Capacity for the students/ staff : 150
• Software: e-Granthalaya
- Celebration of Padmashree Dr. S.R. Ranganathan Jayanti, Father of Library Science in India on 12th August 2018.
- Celebrated World Book day on 23rd April 2018.
We maintain all transaction both manually & computerized.
Online Public Access Cataloguing (OPAC)
CAS – Newspaper clipping / New arrival display services
Lending Service – Yearly / Fortnightly / Daily
Information display & notification services
Reference & referral services
Photocopy &printing services
User Orientation/Information literacy
Resource sharing /Inter Library Loan
Internet /digital resources availability.
Internet – Connected through BSNL Broad Band service. Open to our students at free of cost (60 min./day/student)
• Seating capacity for students /staff: 150
Library Timings: a) 7.30 am – 6.30 pm on all working days.
b) 8.00 am – 8.00 pm during exam time.
Book issue timing: 7.30 am –06.30 pm.
Reference Timing: During Library hours.
Comfortable Reading Tables & Chairs
Separate Book Section for Competitive Exam preparation
Generator for uninterrupted power supply
Good natural Air & Light
Assistance given to ‘sister college libraries’ in the up gradation of the library.
Preparation of library profile (Annual & for NAAC)
Extended ‘library opening hours’
Extended ‘library hours for transaction of Books’
More No. of books to Toppers
Open to non-library members also for reference
|Number of Nodes||Twenty (10)|
|Internet Facility||1) Available for all System Through BSNL (Broad Band) 4mbps speed.
2) Using Scanner for collecting information from rare books, Syllabus and Question paper
|Library Software||e Granthalaya Software is installed
Bar- Code system is introduced for easy and quick issue of books.
|Library Software Using||Membership
OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)